We are thrilled by the interest and growth at Alta Vista School! In less than 2 years, we outgrew our original start-up space and in Fall 2012, we relocated to our current Somerset site. This location has plenty of space to host our unique hands-on curriculum for the next phase of the school's growth.
- 450 Somerset Street in the Portola District
- Huge increase in space from 3,500 to over 25,000 square feet!
- Spacious classrooms bathed in natural light
- Library, art and science/tinker studio, kitchen, gym, performance stage
- Ample room for vibrant and varied Bookends programming
- Lots of outdoor space for running around, a playground and organic garden
- Easy parking
- Bridge location as we build toward a permanent campus site
- Easy access from southern neighborhoods and South Bay commutes
- Bus service
- Close proximity to McLaren Park (San Francisco's second largest park) and new neighborhood library built in 2009
a progressive learning environment
an emphasis on science, math and technology