We are a community that believes in and embraces technology and the exciting capabilities it brings to our learning environment.
Technology enables us to:
As powerful as it is, we still view technology for what it is - a tool. It is not a substitute for creative, hands-on teaching and learning, and that is our primary focus.
- Engage the senses, interests, curiosities, and imaginations of our students
- Have our faculty spend more time teaching and less time pushing paper
- Equip our teachers with innovative ideas and cutting-edge information
- Communicate efficiently and effectively within our community
- Link our small school community with our larger community beyond
- Reduce the paper we use in furtherance of our commitment to sustainability
As a critical tool, we believe technology should be integrated into – not separated from – our learning environments. Here is a window into how we are deploying IT wirelessly throughout Alta Vista School:
Google Chromebooks (one per student in 2nd grade and up and one class set for the two 1st-grade classes)
- Apple MacBooks, iMacs and iPads
- Elmo Document Cameras
- Video and Digital Cameras
- Scratch (coding for kids developed by MIT)